We appreciate any donation that any individual or family can give.
We also have a number of Gift Card donations for specific purposes.
- A $25 donation pays for a year of education for a child.
- A $40 donation covers the cost of a goat for one of our families.
- A $50 donation pays for essential school supplies for our kids.
- A $60 donation provides one year of breakfast for a child in our school.
- A $70 donation helps support one of the hard working teachers in our school.
- A $100 donation purchases a sewing machine for one of our Coop members.
- A $125 donation supports the start of a small business for a family in poverty. This includes the $25 needed to place a child in school. Families supply RSF with a business plan and projected costs.
Frequently, the family consists of a single parent or guardian with adopted children whose parent(s) have died due to the 1994 genocide, subsequent violence, AIDS, other illnesses such as pneumonia, typhoid, malaria, and cancer or are physically or mentally disabled as a result of the genocide.
Each family receives an assessment, a follow-up interview series. Families have organically pooled their profits in order to start their own artist cooperative and also have collectively rented land together for harvesting and selling of crops.
RSF is registered (CH38637) under the Solicitation of Contribution Act. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION oF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.